Sapi Explorers Camp
An elegant and classic explorer camp set in a private concession bordering the uncrowded, game-rich Mana Pools National Park.
Sapi Explorers Camp Highlights
Sapi Explorers Camp appeals to the adventurous spirit seeking an unforgettable wildlife experience in an unfenced, classic explorer style camp. Located in a private concession bordering Zimbabwe’s Mana Pools National Park, Sapi sits on 120, 000 hectares of pristine and protected wilderness. The sanctuary offers a diverse array of wildlife that often congregates on the shores of the Zambezi River where Sapi Explorers Camp is located.
This luxurious camp is completely unfenced and enjoys abundant sightings of hippos, crocodiles and elephants from the comfort of camp. Canoeing, boating, game drives and walks in the wilderness are all part of the game viewing experience. Obligatory sundowners, coffee stops and dinners under star studded night skies are also part of the experience. Only the top guides are selected to work at this off-the-beaten track camp - rest assured, you’ll enjoy an incredibly informative safari experience.
There are only 5 explorer style tents, which means an intimate and personalised safari experience. Tents are expansive and come complete with flush toilets, en suite showers and bathroom amenities. Canvas tents are decorated with rich crimson woven Moroccan style rugs, bygone-era storage ottomans at the base of the beds, wooden writing desks and canvas safari chairs for relaxation.
Each of the private tents are connected via sandy, lantern lined walkways, and offer extensive views of the surrounding landscape. Fall asleep to the sound of hippos honking and wake-up to the choir of migrant birds at first light.
- Up close and personal encounters with lion, leopard, elephant, wild dog and big game.
- If you stay for 3 nights or longer, then one activity inside the Mana Pools region is included.
- There’s a private airstrip in the Sapi concession and complimentary return road transfers are included in the daily rate.
- There are a maximum of 10 guests allowed at camp, which means a completely hands-on personal experience.
- The Mtawatawa Pan is located close to camp and is an absolute haven for wildlife - this is where many sundowner and game viewing sessions take place.
- An array of activities take place in the concession, which include anything from walks to drives.
- Camp life is reminiscent of a bygone era - there’s a simple boma area, and a main tent complete with a dining area and comfortable loungers housed under khaki canvas.
- Communal lounge and dining area under canvas
- Sapi Explorers Camp is part of Great Plains Conservation and your safari takes place in part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Sapi Explorers Camp Game Viewing and Activities
The activities at Sapi include the standard early morning and late afternoon game drives that take place in open 4x4 game viewers. Game drives happen when the predators are the most active, which is as the sun rises and sets.
There are also optional guided walks available for the more adventurous at heart. A qualified trails guide will lead you through to big game territory in search of wildlife. You’ll learn all about the landscape and history of the area while out on foot.
Water-lovers will be happy to know that both boating and canoeing adventures take place on the Zambezi River. A fantastic way to spot game from a different perspective. An array of wildlife and waders congregate on the shores of the Zambezi River.
Chewore Lodge and Campsite is situated in a beautiful woodland setting at the confluence of the Chewore and Zambezi Rivers. This is a prime fishing and wildlife location within the Chewore Safari Area, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Mana Pools Tented Camp
This semi-permanent luxury tented camp on the banks of the Zambezi River, is situated between Gwaya and Mucheni in Mana Pools National Park. The camp is personally managed by Stretch Ferreira who has operated in this area for 25yrs.
Ruckomechi Camp is a luxury bush camp offering an exclusive location combined with incredible game viewing and exciting wildlife activities accompanied by expert guides. The tents at Ruckomechi are spacious and offer en-suite facilities.