An incredible addition to Mana Pools National Park, set on the banks of the Zambezi River, Nyamatusi Camp accommodates just 12 guests in tented luxury, incorporating the natural surroundings in earthy-inspired décor and style.
Nyamatusi Camp Highlights
Sister Camp to Nyamatusi Mahogany, this camp is also located on the banks of the ancient Zambezi River, which carves its way between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Set on the southern bank in Mana Pools National Park, Nyamatusi occupies one of the most celebrated wildlife areas in Africa. The camp itself is built sustainably, raised off the ground on elevated wooden decks and in between the natural trees, looking out over the river. It is unfenced and wildlife is free to wonder as close as they want to. The main area is a double-story, open-sided thatched construction containing a beautiful dining room, bar, and multiple lounges.
- Emphasis on the impeccable views of the river and beyond with upstairs lounges and bar, plus sunken firepit with seating down below.
- Solar-powered camp with luxuries such as air-conditioning, plunge pools at each room, outdoor ensuite bathrooms, and spacious, beautiful interiors.
- Just six tented rooms raised on wooden decks, all built using sustainably sourced materials.
- Wooden walkways join each room with the main lodge, which has two floors, a fire pit with comfortable seating, a snazzy bar and numerous places to sit and relax with a view for days.
- Children over 7 are welcome at Nyamatusi Camp, but Nyamatusi Mahogany is the more family friendly of these two Mana Pools gems.
Nyamatusi Camp Game Viewing and Activities
The stories are true… Mana Pools really is one of southern Africa’s, or indeed Africa’s, most magnificent wilderness areas. It is a lush, fertile area with the supreme presence of the Zambezi River and forests of huge trees which host so many incredible species. Most special to this place are the elephants, which stand on their hind legs to reach the seedpods of the ana trees, and the African wild dogs, which thrive in this environment. Walking safaris are the custom in Mana Pools and the wildlife is habituated to seeing humans this way, giving way to exceptional sightings you’ll never forget. Nyamatusi offers canoeing excursions on the Zambezi, among hippos and crocs, and elephants that swim. Game drives are of course part and parcel, and dedicated bird-watching and fishing activities add something extra special.
Ruckomechi Camp is a luxury bush camp offering an exclusive location combined with incredible game viewing and exciting wildlife activities accompanied by expert guides. The tents at Ruckomechi are spacious and offer en-suite facilities.
Zambezi Expeditions is a classic tented camp set up on the banks of the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe's famous Mana Pools National Park. This magical area offers activities that include canoeing and tracking game on foot. Other activities include traditional game drives and fishing.
Vundu Tented Camp
Vundu Tented Camp offers a superb location in the world famous Mana Pools National Park; a World Heritage site renowned for its abundance of wildlife. The emphasis at Vundu Tented Camp is on offering guests a private and personal safari experience in a remote location.