Royal Chundu Island Lodge
An exclusive, luxurious riverside villa retreat on an island in the Zambezi River where romance brews and memories are made in one of the wildest places in Africa.
Royal Chundu Island Lodge Highlights
Royal Chundu’s Island Lodge – sister property to River Lodge and just a boat-ride away – is located on Katombora Island in the Zambezi River. It is the more exclusive and private of the two and offers a simply magical place for guests who want to feel cocooned in a luxurious retreat. There are only four villas, each one a lavish, open-planned one-bedroom suite overlooking the river. Each one’s private balcony is hidden between the trees and extends over the water. Romantic dinners can be served on the deck, or perhaps a champagne bubble bath is what you’d prefer? A pure treat.
- Ideal for honeymooners and couples with a taste for the exceptional, Royal Chundu Island Lodge is a destination of dreams.
- Only four villa-style suites located on a private island, nestled between trees and overlooking the Zambezi River.
- The cuisine served is a celebration of food, sustainably sourced and masterfully prepared to a level worthy of Royal Chundu’s Relais & Château’s status.
- Alongside the restaurant is, of course, a bar serving cocktails, and an inviting plunge pool that looks out onto the river and the jungle-like mainland on the other side.
- For all the exclusivity and sense of remote island dwelling, guests at Island Lodge will have access to all the activities and services available at River Lodge.
Royal Chundu Island Lodge Activities
Victoria Falls is the activity hub of the region. It is the southern African capital of adrenalin and adventure, whether that means bungee jumping and white-water rafting, or soaring above the falls in a helicopter. Royal Chundu’s location means that guests have access to not only secluded wilderness areas and quiet river frontage, but they are a short distance from the excitement of Livingstone town, Chobe National Park, and Victoria Falls. A helicopter pad on the property means everything is but a heli-trip away. In Royal Chundu’s immediate area, guests can embark on daily sunset boat cruises, photographic river safaris, tiger fishing, helicopter flips, cultural activities in the local village, spa treatments, private picnics, and guided island walks.
Thorntree River Lodge
Thorntree River Lodge offers a private location on the doorstep of the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park in Zambia. The lodge is known for its space, comfort and privacy, spectacular views over the Zambezi River and exciting outdoor activities.
Sussi and Chuma
Sussi and Chuma Lodge is an intimate and personal lodge situated in a peaceful corner on the banks of the Zambezi River. Sussi and Chuma Lodge offers guests a quiet and exclusive retreat with luxurious tree-houses and 2 exclusive houses.
The Royal Livingstone Hotel offers luxury in a unique setting in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park. The park is referred to by the locals as "The Smoke that Thunders" referring to the rising spray and the roar of the water as it plummets into the Zambezi river.
Taita Falcon Lodge
Located just 11km from the world-famous Victoria Falls and perched on the edge of the Batoka Gorge, high above the mighty Zambezi River, the exclusive Taita Falcon Lodge provides a unique location and offers its guests the height of luxury, amidst beautiful surroundings.