Sheraton Rio Hotel and Resort
The only 5 star beachfront resort with an extensive recreation area, private beach access and staff who deliver food and cocktails to the beach.
Sheraton Rio Hotel and Resort Highlights
The Sheraton brand is an international brand associated with luxury and 5 star living. Like most of the Sheraton hotels, the Rio Sheraton adheres to the high-standard one has come to expect from the brand. Resting on the shores of a picturesque bay in the upscale neighbourhood of Leblon, the tropical Sheraton Rio is literally a few steps away from the exclusive and trendy white sandy Leblon Beach.
Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort is the only beachfront resort with an expansive recreation area, spa and host of amenities. The 538 rooms offer extensive views of the coast, and each one comes complete with its own private balcony. The Club Level rooms grant access to the exclusive lounge and private breakfast area, while the Presidential suite offers surround views of the ocean, Cagarra Islands and popular Ipanema and Leblon beaches.
The resort’s grounds are perfectly manicured and the pools sit in the heart of the lush surrounds. If sitting around the pool on the deck is too relaxing, we recommend you head down to the pristine beach in front of the resort for a few beach activities. Private access to the beach means that you can order cocktails and snacks directly from the hotel’s waiters!
The entire cascading hotel is furnished in elegant decor reflecting the colours of the beachy surrounds. Baby blues, sandy taupe colours and elegant wood hint at the colours of the coast, ensuring you’re constantly reminded of Rio’s marvellous city!
- The Sheraton Rio is the ideal place for a wedding and honeymoon combined.
- A complete leisure area including 2 pools and a tennis court makes for endless entertainment.
- There are 5 contrasting culinary experiences within the hotel, making dining an absolute delight.
- Sheraton Rio is recently renovated, giving it a fresh and clean atmosphere.
- Keen golfers should note that Gávea Golf and Country Club is close to this 5 star hotel.
- For sightseeing, major attractions like the iconic Christ the Redeemer are a mere 10 km away.
- Staff offer a private and exceptional Beach Service. There is also private access to the beach.
- The hotel provides chairs, sun loungers, umbrellas and towels for your beach excursions.
- Airport shuttles and concierge service is available.
- Concierge can facilitate activities like hiking, volleyball, and football.
- The pool is surrounded by palm trees and overlooks the beach. Not a bad place to relax!
Sheraton Rio Hotel and Resort Activities
There is so much to do at the resort itself, that you don’t need to venture far to find fun. There are tennis courts, a kid’s club, spa and fitness centre; and award winning restaurants.
The beautiful Leblon Beach is a small bay popular with an elite crowd of beachgoers. You can make use of the private beach concierge for all of your beachside activities. Not only will the concierge organise your food and drinks, but can also arrange activities such as hiking, fitness classes, volleyball, football, Frescobol, and Peteca.
With its numerous restaurants, the Sheraton Grand Rio provides a complete culinary journey into the heart of Brazilian cuisine, combined with flavours from around the world.
General activities in the Leblon area include shopping in the many malls, free markets and beachside shops decorating Leblon. Further afield, the main attractions of Rio worthy of exploring include the Christ the Redeemer statue, Sugarloaf mountain by cableway, Copacabana Beach, the mosaic steps of Escadaria Selarón, and the landmark mountain of Corcovado.