Individual apartments with views of Ipanema Beach and a rooftop infinity pool overlooking Rio’s finest scenic wonders.
Praia Ipanema Highlights
Since the 1960s, Ipanema beach has attracted a chilled-out bohemian crowd. The 2 km of sandy beach is the perfect place for surfing and other water sports. The town itself has a unique weekly hippie market that is great for purchasing souvenirs. Overlooking this sweeping stretch of coast stands the noble Praia Ipanema Hotel. Its defining feature? The rooftop infinity pool with endless views of the ocean !
Located on the beachfront in a relaxed area of Rio, this hotel is well-positioned for those wanting to explore the beaches, local attractions and the sophisticated area of Leblon. There’s a pocket of exceptional restaurants a few blocks away, which makes Praia Ipanema perfect for foodies. There is actually a restaurant and various bar areas located at the hotel, should you not wish to venture afield.
The fresh and breezy hotel reflects its surrounds with its atmosphere and decor. Each of the apartments have the basic facilities one would expect from a luxury hotel, which include LCD TVs, minibars, air-conditioning and more. There are 5 room types - the more luxury rooms are located higher up in the hotel, away from the bustle of promenade below.
Aside from the elegance of the rooftop pool, there is also a meeting room, spa, sauna and gym. With activities abound in the hotel, on the beach and in the neighbourhood; you certainly won't be short of things to do.
- All of the 101 apartments have their own private balcony with panoramic views of Ipanema and beyond.
- The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, but there is a buzz of activity on the seafront road.
- The upper level rooms not only have views of the coastline, but also of Corcovado mountain.
- Sun worshippers will be pleased to know that Praia Ipanema has beach umbrellas for hire.
- The rooftop infinity pool is heated and has an ocean view.
- There’s a swimming pool bar ideal for after beach drinks.
- If the Rio lifestyle is affecting your waistline, you can always hit the hotel gym that overlooks the sea.
- The Caipim Dourado restaurant has the most delightful aerial view of the beach below.
- The stylish Espaço 7Zero6 bar and restaurant offers a glitzy experience with local craft beers and signature cocktails.
- There are packages available for Packages for wedding nights and honeymoons
There’s plenty to do in the immediate area, and numerous tours in other suburbs of Rio. On your doorstep you have the arty neighbourhood of Ipanema. A stroll around the streets to seek out cafes and restaurants is a must - do try the local dish, Feijoad. The local hippie fair on Sundays should not be overlooked.
It goes without saying that Ipanema Beach should be the highlight of your stay. There’s a peeling wave ideal for surfers (you can learn to surf here), and the shoreline is jam-packed with energy filled cafes and bars. This is the spot to try the famous Brazilian Caipirinha.
There’s a rocky point at the eastern end of Av Vieira Souto, which is known as one of Rio’s top spots for watching the sunset.
General things to do in Rio include sun worshipping and beach activities on the world-famous Copacabana beach, visiting the Christ the Redeemer statue adorning the peak of Corcovado mountain,taking the cableway up to Sugarloaf mountain and exploring the trails of Tijuca National Park.