Belmond Copacabana Palace
A century old hotel and classic landmark of Rio that stands proudly over Copacabana beach, and is a major drawcard for celebrities.
Belmond Copacabana Palace Highlights
This classic landmark of a hotel is steeped in history and lords over it surrounds. Resting on the shores of Rio’s famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is most certainly a timeless hotel.
The 243 roomed hotel opened its doors in 1923 and has aged gracefully. It’s a glamorous destination once frequented by the Hollywood elite of the 1950s. It’s still home to an exclusive crowd in Brazil and certainly hasn’t lost its charm. The Palace is the perfect place to indulge in a bit of celebrity splendour while enjoying a caipirinha or two in the Piano bar.
This art deco masterpiece is home to a Michelin-starred restaurant, and two other fine dining establishments all offering a variety of unique dishes. An expansive swimming pool, piano bar, pool bar, Palace spa and salon provide plenty of scope for relaxation. Activities can be arranged from the hotel, which include anything from sailing to cooking classes.
Belmond Copacabana Palace is a significant place and one of the most important hotel complexes in Brazil. It's a sought after destination for weddings, honeymoons and gastronomy.
- Sweeping views of the sugar-white sandy Copacabana beach.
- Rio is a cosmopolitan place with a distinct cuisine. Rio’s unique fare is served in the 3 exquisite on-site restaurants, one of which is a Michelinstar restaurant.
- The piano bar is frequented by an A-list crowd - a perfect place to spot Rio's elite.
- Weddings at Belmond Copacabana Palace are absolute show stoppers and make for the perfect venue for a pomp and ceremony style ball.
- The grand hotel is a honeymoon hotspot.
- 243 rooms comprise luxury rooms, suites and penthouses.
- Belmond Copacabana Palace is the best hotel in South America (7 years running), according to the World Travel Awards.
- Enjoy a five star gastronomic tour within the 4 walls of the hotel.
Book a sailing tour that sets sail from Guanabara Bay and meanders its way to various beaches for swimming and snorkelling. A luxurious and unique way of seeing Rio.
A gastronomic tour takes place in the confines of the grand hotel. This tour starts with a few signature cocktails in the Piano bar, Asian inspired starters are then served in the Michelin star restaurant, mains at Pérgula and indulgent desserts in Belmond’s other Michelin star restaurant.
Sign-up for a cooking class at the Belmond’s buzzing Pérgula kitchens and go behind-the-scenes where you'll learn how to cook like a masterchef.
Apart from the regular tours and highlights of the surrounding city, Copacabana Beach is abuzz with activity. Not only are there beach sports on offer, but the sandy shores are the perfect place to unwind and soak up the sun.