Casa Cool Beans Bed and Breakfast
Set just outside the coastal seafront of Rio in the hilltop village and cobbled streets of quintessential Santa Teresa, lies the quaint and colourful Casa Cool Beans.
Casa Cool Beans Highlights
The hilltop district of Santa Teresa is a remote village laden with a network of cobbled streets, cute houses and elegant mansions. It’s a true Brazilian village that oozes charm and romance. This is Rio’s best-kept secret - a neighbourhood set just outside the coastline and beachfront, but one where magnificent views of emerald landscapes and Guanabara Bay unfold. Santa Teresa is both chic and artsy; and the perfect place to base yourself for a holiday to Rio.
The ever funky Casa Cool Beans Bed and Breakfast is a warm and welcoming destination, a rustic quintessential Brazilian hideaway in arty Santa Teresa. A bold purple facade in the middle of what looks like an urban jungle welcomes you and sets the tone for the rest of your stay.
There are pockets of colour everywhere at Casa Cool Beans and decor that reflects the arty atmosphere of the village. Hosts are extremely helpful and go out of their way to ensure that you have a memorable stay.
This bed and breakfast is a modern establishment offering cosy and basic air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. Decor is colourful and walls are decorated with local art. Each of the 10 guest rooms come complete with its own minibar, private bathroom and shower.
The third floor is where you go to relax. Here you’ll find the breakfast area and inviting pool deck.There are views of the hilly surrounds and the village from various viewpoints at Cool Beans.
- A perfect place for a romantic and affordable honeymoon.
- Set in a lush, well-kept garden jungle.
- Off-the-beaten path experience in one of Rio’s most authentic neighbourhoods.
- Family-run bed and breakfast.
- Winner of the 2019 TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards.
- The rooms are very spacious and simple.
- Restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood are within a 5 min walking distance.
- Major sightseeing destinations are a short drive away.
- Casa Cool Beans has a shuttle service at an extra charge.
- Santa Teresa is close to the ''Lapa'' district, an area known for its Samba.
- Poolside furniture and umbrellas adorning the deck.
- Located a mere 4 km from the Santos Dumont airport, the second largest airport in Rio.
One of the most famous activities in the area is the Selarón steps, a tourist attraction bordering the neighbourhood of Lapa, The steps were designed by an artist and feature intricate designs on brightly coloured mosaic tiles.
The Tram do Santa Teresa is the local tram that takes you into the centre of the village - well worth a hop on journey. This makes for a fantastic way of seeing the cobbled streets and myriad of alleyways in Santa Teresa.
Perched on top of the Santa Teresa Hill is the Parque das Ruínas (Ruins Park), a cultural hub of art exhibitions and shows. The views from on top of the hill are worth seeking out.
The bar and restaurant scene is thriving in Santa Teresa, and the foodie hub is only a few minutes walk from the bed and breakfast.
General things to do in Rio include sun worshipping and beach activities on the world-famous Copacabana beach, visiting the Christ the Redeemer statue adorning the peak of Corcovado mountain, taking the cableway up to Sugarloaf mountain and exploring the trails of Tijuca National Park. Ipanema Beach is a famous place for surfing, water and beach sports.