Refugio Da Ilha
Sustainable lodge situated on the banks of the Salobra River in the southern part of the Pantanal. An exquisite location in a magical water wonderland with plenty of activities.
Refugio Da Ilha Highlights
The Refugio Da Ilha is situated in the largest flood-able area on the planet, the Pantanal. This wildlife refuge offers a paradise on the banks of the pristine waters of the fish-filled Salobra River. This lodge literally looks like an extension of the river and offers some of the best birding in the Pantanal.
There are 8 apartments located in this preserved ecosystem spanning some 1800 hectares. It’s a completely tranquil and comfortable oasis of wildlife. Spot capybara, giant river otters, a plethora of fish and other wildlife from the comfort of your lodge. In terms of activities there are boat tours, jeep tours, horseback riding, stand up paddle boarding, canoeing and swimming in the natural river pool. You certainly won’t be hard-pressed to find to adventure activities to sign-up for in the Pantanal.
The 8 apartments are fully-equipped with all the creature comforts from home, which include ceiling fans, air-conditioning, private bathrooms and amenities.
Main areas include rest areas with swaying hammocks, a refreshing riverside bar and an open-plain living room with TV. There are 2 restaurants on site, offering a choice of scenery - one is inside and the other outside.
One of the most popular spots is the jetty that juts out over the water, a perfect place to unwind and soak up the splendour of this biodiverse area.
- Located two hours from Campo Grande, in the southern reaches of the Pantanal.
- Sustainable lodge option in the southern reaches of the Pantanal.
- Completely wild surrounds.
- Ideally located close to major points of interest.
- Wildlife guides speak Italian, English or Spanish.
- The lodge serves delicious meals 3 times a day.
- Eco lodge also appears like it’s an extension of the waterways
- Bridges and walkways are strategically built around the waterlogged areas.
- Natural swimming area that’s part of the river.
- Popular birdwatching destination.
- Rustic yet stylish accommodation option in the Pantanal.
- 8 cozy apartments.
- Emphasis on wildlife, landscapes and activities.
- Restaurant on the Salobra River for lunch
Refugio Da Ilha Activities
Refugio Da Ilha really is a hub of activity in the Pantanal. There’s so much to do while at the lodge, and in the surrounding area. Most of the Pantanal tours take place outside of the hottest hours of the day, when the predators are most active.
Boat safaris on the Rio Salobra River will introduce you to a different perspective of the landscape. Spot caiman, otters and birdlife on the banks of the river. You can also enjoy canoeing safaris.
Guided walks along the river forest and floodplain showcase the smaller things in the area, like the exquisite vegetation. For something truly spectacular sign-up for Piranha fishing in the many bays and lagoons. Water lovers are encouraged to join in on a stand paddle-board session that meanders its way down the river. If you prefer being submerged, then join a snorkel trip in the river.