Villa Amazonia Hotel
Historic villa set in the quaint old town area of Manaus, the gateway to the Amazon basin. A sophisticated villa hotel that has a natural stone pool.
Villa Amazonia Hotel Highlights
The Villa Amazonia Hotel is a historic villa set in the heart of the old town of Manaus, the gateway town to the Amazon rainforest. This exclusive tropical hideaway is actually a restored mansion that dates back to the golden rubber age. Evidence of its fascinating past is woven into the architecture and design of the hotel, which marries modernity with history.
This city-style-jungle hideaway is shrouded in tropical vegetation. The natural stone pool is a highlight for guests, who seem to love both the pool area and adjacent indoor garden. A modern bar sits on the fringe of the pool and serves appetisers and refreshing Caipirinhas all day long.
In total, there are 30 exclusive apartments finished off beautifully with a mix of modern white subway tiles, unfinished natural wood decor and cool stone. There are 5 standard apartments, 20 superior apartments and 5 premium apartments all overlooking the indoor garden and sparkling swimming pool. Deep set bathtubs, balconies for relaxation and fine linen provide a fresh space in the heart of the Amazon’s unique town.
For the more active at heart there’s a gym that’s strategically located overlooking the indoor garden. The Fitz Carroldo Bistro offers an informal restaurant setting that fuses international classic cuisine with exotic Brazilian flavours.
There are activities abound in the surrounding area, which include anything from piranha fishing tours to boat cruises and jungle walks in the Amazon rainforest area. All types of tours can be arranged from the travel desk at the hotel.
- Villa Amazonia is located in Manaus, a city that rests on the banks of the famous river close to the confluence of the Rio Negro and the Rio Solimoes.
- Villa Amazonia Hotel is located just a few steps from the Amazon Theater, in the fascinating old town.
- The hotel’s facade is part of Brazilian history.
- Refreshing, modern and historic villa hotel with character.
- Well-appointed rooms each with their own balcony.
- Natural stone pool and bar area is a much-talked about section of the villa hotel.
- The Fitz Carraldo Bistro is so popular, that it’s often visited by non-guests.
- Lobby and living room area.
- Bar with special caipirinhas and varied wine menu.
- Gym room overlooking the indoor garden.
- Travel desk that will help arrange boat trips and tours into the Amazon rainforest.
Villa Amazonia Hotel Activities
The hotel villa is perfectly placed to explore Manaus, which is brimming with activity. South of the hotel is the Municipal Market, an area filled with restaurants, souvenirs and markets. The famous Opera House is also a block away from the centre of Manaus.
The hotel can arrange plenty of trips and tours into the Amazon rainforest and on the river. Amazon River cruises are popular and begin from the city of Manaus. Adventure tours include things like tree-climbing, piranha fishing and alligator watching. The piranha and alligator tours are roughly 5 hours in duration.
River cruises to Iranduba will introduce you to the indigenous people of the area, who will teach you to fish using bamboo rods. It’s here where you can also encounter alligators after dark.
Travel by motorized canoe to the jungle, where you can enjoy an educational walk in the Amazon rainforest. The rainforest is full of rivers, forest, waterfalls and caves.
Swim with river dolphins, or simply view the fascinating meeting of the waters. There’s so much to do in the area!