Tiwa Amazonas Eco Resort
The easily accessible Tiwa Amazonas Eco Resort is located on the banks of the Negro River, and is a comfortable resort offering a host of in-house activities.
Tiwa Amazonas Eco Resort Highlights
There are 52 modern bungalows sprawled along the banks of the Rio Negro River. A mere 15 minutes by boat from the gateway town of Manaus makes this resort one of the most accessible places to stay in the Amazon. The resort is surrounded by 2 km²of tropical rainforest and sits on the edge of a natural lake with an expansive sandy river beach.
The entire riverside resort is geared towards families and fun-seekers. An entire world of entertainment is provided at Tiwa, and adventure activities into the jungle can be arranged from the lodge. Numerous bars, cafes and restaurants dot the resort, providing ample choice for couples and families to keep busy.
There’s certainly no shortage of facilities at Tiwa. There is a swimming pool, water sport centre, amphitheatre, tennis court and volleyball court. Tiwas is the perfect base for exploring the Amazon rainforest region, and tours deep into the Amazon forests can easily be arranged.
This hideaway offers a sense of tranquility and peace. It’s ideal for those wanting a hint of nature, but would like to be based close enough to the popular Amazon town of Manaus.
- A sprawling eco resort complex that’s part of a jungle eco park on the banks of the Negro River.
- There are tame parrots on the property that interact with guests.
- The resort complex lies around 10 km away from Manaus, on a quiet lake on the opposite banks of the Rio Negro.
- Tiwas is a contemporary place constructed from wood.
- Each sturdy wooden bungalow has two rooms and features a veranda with a view.
- There is space to sleep two additional children on the second floor of the bungalow.
- Traditional dances and shows take place in the in the amphitheatre.
Tiwa Amazonas Eco Resort Activities
Activities at the lodge include traditional dancing and shows, outdoor games, rock climbing, survival tours, tree top tours and training from locals in how to make traditional arts and crafts.
The lodge has its own volleyball court, gym and tennis court, ideal for those wanting to get a bit of cardio while away on holiday. There are water bikes and canoes for hire - a great way to explore the surrounds.
There are also guided trekking tours available for adventure lovers and boat rides should you wish to explore further into the jungle. There are also plenty of themed programmes available which include dancing lessons and nature lessons.