Tariri Amazon Lodge
The family-friendly Tariri is fully immersed in the Amazon forest, and accommodation is in stilted jungle huts on the river. An owner run and managed lodge with heart and soul.
Tariri Amazon Lodge Highlights
Sitting on the shores of Lake Acajatuba in the Black River, lies the family-owned and managed Tariri Amazon Lodge. The lodge is surrounded by a diverse landscape of jungle, Igapós and beaches. The mind-blowing Tariri is surrounded by a unique eco system home to an array of wildlife and birdlife. Dotted across the water’s edge there are 10 wooden jungle huts on stilts, thatched with palm and kitted out with all the creature comforts you’d find at home.
The grounds of the lodge provide a safe haven for semi-tame wildlife. It's not unusual to spot toucans and monkeys joining guests in one of the hammocks in the recreation space. This main space is connected to the jungle huts via rustic wooden walkways with views of the Black River. This recreation space also houses a restaurant and bar area that serves regional cuisine made from produce cultivated/grown by owners.
Activities include anything from boat trips to community visits and motorised canoe trips.
Tariri has earned a reputation among travellers for being "the lodge in the Amazon with heart, soul and incredible local cuisine”. From greeting the guests to guiding the tours, owners Germano Alvarado and Fabiola Carrazzone take care of everything.
- There are friendly toucans and animals on the grounds of the lodge.
- Tariri Amazon Lodge is a natural sanctuary where you will have zero contact with civilisation.
- The owner of this family-friendly lodge is a remarkable chef.
- Tariri Amazon Lodge is an incredible family-friendly lodge with a fantastic atmosphere.
- You can book a set 3 or 4 night package prior or arrival, or simply book excursions while at the lodge.
- After a brief road trip, a small motorised boat will take you to the lodge. We suggest taking a backpack as it’s easier to pack into the boat.
- Don’t forget to sample the Amazon’s favourite health export - the Acai berry.
- Rooms come with fans and wire mesh at the windows, which ensures a critter-free jungle experience.
- The swimming area is actually in the river, which makes for a unique way to cool off from the heat and humidity of the jungle.
- There are plenty of activities included in your stay, but we recommend paying a bit extra to swim with the wild pink dolphins of the Amazon.
Tariri Amazon Lodge Activities
Activities are led by experienced guides and owners of the lodge. When you book your stay you have the option of signing up for lodgings with activity packages included, which are tailored to your time frame.
Activities include guided walks to the riverside community where you will get to know their way of life and their regional customs. You will also sample local fare like tapioca.
If culture and history appeals to you, then hop on a tour to the city of Manaus, the gateway to the Amazon.
Hikes through the jungle introduce you to the fauna and flora of the area, and journeys to various river beaches introduce you to the Amazon’s beach side of life. For fishing enthusiasts there's the option of fishing for piranhas - not an easy task !
At an optional extra cost, it is recommended that visitors opt to swim with the pink river dolphins. You’ll be please to know that the dolphins swim free, so it really is a wild experience.
Motorised canoe tours take place in the Rio Negro and the various open lakes. A perfect way to to see the spoils of the Amazon basin.
There is even a night tour that tracks crocodiles and other predators…If you dare to join.