Ichingo River Lodge
Located on the banks of the Chobe River on Namibia’s Impalila Island, Ichingo is a family-friendly safari spot ideally equipped for tiger fishing and boat cruises that invite excellent game viewing and bird watching along the river.
Ichingo River Lodge Introduction
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is built under riverine trees with viewing decks that extend right over the Chobe River from each of the eight tented suites and the shared lounge area. It is located on the Namibian side of the Chobe River on Impalila Island which can be explored on foot, led by a professional guide. This is a destination for water-based safaris, relaxing with friends, and bringing the family on safari. As a sister property to the Zambezi Queen and Chobe Princesses, Ichingo is a specialist in water activities and should be visited with the intention of enjoying the view from a boat.
- There are eight Meru-style safari tents built along the Chobe River, each with balconies that extend over the river.
- Children of all ages are welcome and there is a family tent with adjoining bedroom for accommodating parents and children together.
- The lounge, bar, and dining area are built on raised wooden decking and shaded under thatch and the natural riverine trees.
- Tented bedrooms are spacious and air-conditioned with en suite bathrooms, combining simple African details with modern conveniences for total comfort.
- Meals are created by sumptuous recipes and enjoyed with a view of the broad Chobe River.
Ichingo River Lodge Game Viewing and Activities
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is all about experiencing the river and game viewing from the water. There are no game drives conducted on the island, but rather guided walks, which offer a more intimate look at the wild surroundings where elephant, buffalo, lion and the like spend their time. One of the greatest highlights of Ichingo is its tiger fishing. These guided fishing excursions take keen fishermen onto the waters of the Chobe and Zambezi where they can enjoy some of the finest tiger fishing trips are some of the best in the region. There are also bream and other freshwater species to be caught and released. Bird watching goes hand in hand with a water-based safari on the Chobe. There are over 400 species to be seen in the area. Another element of the Ichingo experience is the cultural aspect, which includes visits to jIambwe, a local Namibian village on the floodplains of the East Caprivi.
Express Botswana Comfortable
This comfortable safari visits the wildlife highlights of the Okavango Delta and the Linyanti Wildlife Reserve. Guests will experience the waterways of the Delta as well as the game-rich Linyanti area. Activities include mokoro rides, boating and game drives.