Mapito Tented Camp
Mapito Tented Camp is a luxurious property in the Serengeti National Park. The camp provides spacious accommodation, each tent including its own veranda where guests can sit and enjoy views of the area.
Mapito Tented Camp Highlights
Mapito Tented Camp is located close to the popular Serengeti National Park, near to a village named Robanda. ‘Mapito’ means the track of animals, an ideal name for the camp as locals avoid the area due to plenty of wildlife around. The Serengeti National Park is renowned for the annual wildebeest and zebra migration, taking place from July to October.
- 'Mapito' means track of animals, the camp was named this due to the vast amount of wildlife passing through the area.
- Mapito Tented Camp is located close to the Serengeti National Park.
- Serengeti National Park is renowned for the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, taking place July - October.
- Each tent at Mapito Tented Camp includes a private veranda.
- Guests can enjoy cultural visits, game drive, nature walks and traditional dances by the local Maasai's.
Mapito Tented Camp Game Viewing and Activities
Mapito Tented Camp offers nature walks and game drive activities where guests can sight wildlife within the area. Wildlife animals to sight include wildebeest and zebra, sharing the land with elephant, giraffe, Thomson gazelle and other wildlife animals. Dominant predators including large lion prides and cheetahs are often sighted within the Serengeti National Park.The nature walks and game drives are accompanied by guides and trackers, knowledgeable about the area and the behaviour of wildlife. Visit the local Masai Village, interact with locals and learn a skill or two. On return from evening game drives, gather around the camp fire for drinks and exchange stories with each other. For entertainment, learn the cultural dance moves of the local Masai dancers.
andBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas
Carefully planned to bring guests as close as possible to the magnificent spectacle of the Great Migration, Serengeti Under Canvas is situated at a variety of private campsites throughout the National Park, moving according to the path of the migratory herds.