Ikoma Tented Camp
Set in the midst of an incredible scenery of savannah and skies, you find Ikoma Tented Camp, sheltered in a grove of acacia trees. Ikoma has 35 traditional Meru tents, each under thatch with a private veranda overlooking the impressive plains of the Serengeti.
Ikoma Tented Camp Highlights
Day and night drives are most likely to be the main activity at the camp as it is located in Serengeti National Park. A must see is the annual Great Migration where game, such as wildebeest and zebra migrate for better grazing. The migrating season is the best time for predators, such as lion and crocodiles to prey and attack, as herds of game migrate.
From Ikoma you can enter the western corridor of the park, taking in Kirawira and the Grumeti river – home to the giant wildebeest-eating crocodiles. There is no better place to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wildlife spectacles. Staying at Ikoma Tented Camp gives you the unique opportunity to enjoy a night game drive or a walking safari, as the camp is located just outside the national park boundary. A great chance to see and hear some of the nocturnal animals that can’t be spotted in daytime, such as the Leopard, Aardvark and the Bat-eared fox.
Another special way of experiencing the bush is by going along on a guided walking safari. Guided by a professional ranger and guard you discover the bush and its inhabitants at close range. A great way to start or end a day in the Serengeti, followed by a breakfast in the bush or a sundowner at the close of the day. The airstrip a short distance away from the camp means you can be with us in next to no time and avoid the long drive through the park should you prefer a shorter journey.
Ikoma Tented Camp Game Viewing and Activities
• 35 spacious tented rooms with attached bathroom and a private veranda with stunning views of the Serengeti
• Bathroom with shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels and bottled water
• Mosquito nets, candles with matches and electrical lighting in the tent
• Spacious restaurant and bar area serving a daily changing 4 course menu, and complementary coffee and tea in the afternoon
• Bush breakfast or bush dinner is possible on request
• Support of the local village by daily bed night fees and a yearly grant
• Activities: night game drive, walking safari at sunrise or sunset, visit to local Maasai village, balloon safari pick up from the camp
Rustic Northern Tanzania
Experience Tanzania with a local guide in your private vehicle! This comfortable safari takes you on an adventure though northern Tanzania, get to see Kilimanjaro, explore the famous migration area of the Serengeti, the fascinating Ngorongoro Crater and journey through the Tarangire National Park. An authentic African safari on a budget is possible!
Soroi Serengeti Lodge
Soroi Serengeti Lodge is located in the Serengeti Central area of northern Tanzania. The camp is set high on a natural plateau with views over the vast plains of Musabi, giving guests a truly unforgettable African experience. Soroi is a stunning Lodge located in a prime spot in the Western corridor of the Serengeti National Park.