Bateleur Safari Lodge
An ecologically conscious camp built as unobtrusively as possible in the Timbavati Nature Reserve, offering a comfortable and exciting stay for keen adventurers, families, and honeymoon couples. Connecting to the unfenced wilderness is a key focus.
Bateleur Safari Lodge Highlights
Bateleur Safari Camp is one of the best options for walking safaris, bush walks, and getting hands-on with nature if that is what appeals to guests. Each tented unit uses natural and lightweight materials like timber, canvas, and thatch, while every game viewing activity facilitates a closer connection with the outdoors. The camp is unfenced, so wandering wildlife often passes through and can be watched from the main lodge area or from each tent. Guides are of an excellent standard with a specific qualification in guided walking safaris, which is a highlight of staying at Bateleur Safari Camp.
- Families are easily and comfortably accommodated in units that sleep four people, while others sleep two. Space for 16 guests in total.
- The footprint of Bateleur was kept to a minimum when being built, and hundreds of trees were planted on the grounds to further nurture the natural environment.
- There’s a chemical-free swimming pool built into a wooden deck and surrounded by lazy sun loungers, while a dining, lounge, bar, and boma make up the common guest areas.
- Trees have been incorporated into the build of the main area, giving an organic and living presence to the camp.
- Spacious tented units have thatched A-frame roofs, en suite bathrooms, and solar powered electricity.
Bateleur Safari Lodge Game Viewing and Activities
The Timbavati Nature Reserve is famous for its resident lion prides, some of which carry the recessive white lion gene. While the animals are free to move wherever they please between the Timbavati, neighbouring reserves, and the Kruger National Park itself, lions are territorial and so become known in the area over time. Leopard sightings are also very good and the guides at Bateleur have come to know some of the resident cats in the area. With an open system like this, there is no telling where these animals will move to, so each game drive and bush walk tracking experience is unpredictable and natural. The emphasis is on a close connection with this wilderness, so whether guests want to watch it all unfold from a 4x4 game viewer or experience it on foot, the guides’ knowledge and abilities are designed to deliver the best safari experience possible.
Arathusa Safari Lodge
Arathusa Safari Lodge is famous for offering traditional Big 5 safaris in the heart of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. Guests can expect a luxurious safari experience and the lodge is famous for its fantastic concentrations of wildlife.
RockFig Safari Lodge
Named after a resident female leopard whose turf lies in this territory, Rockfig Safari Lodge is a newly renovated luxury offering in the Timbavati Nature Reserve, perfect for exclusively booked getaways or intimate safari stays.