Safari House is an exclusive villa located alongside Safarihoek in the Etosha Heights Reserve in Namibia, offering a privately catered and guided experience for a single family or group of friends.
Safari House Highlights
Hugging the southwestern boundary of Etosha National Park in the Etosha Heights Private Reserve, Safari House is located in Namibia’s most celebrated wildlife area. The exclusive concession means every safari experience, from game drives to bush dinners, is yours alone to enjoy. It offers private accommodation to a group or family travelling together in a stylish three-bedroom villa that comes with a garden (and beyond that, a popular waterhole), a chef, an expert guide, and a game viewer. Plus, the itinerary is yours to design! Enjoy a DIY barbeque or call on the chef to whip something up, while you wind down on the verandah or keep cosy in the convivial lounge.
- Sole-use house with three ensuite, air-conditioned bedrooms sleeping up to 6 adults and 3 children.
- The house is encircled by a private garden and an unobtrusive fence line with a busy waterhole beyond.
- Outside facilities include a barbeque/braai, wrap-around shady verandah, fire pit & surrounding chairs on the lawn, and a swimming pool.
- The house is fully solar powered, there is a private vehicle & guide at your service, a chef, and housekeeping staff to make sure your stay is ultra-comfortable.
- Unlimited WiFi is available for a N$50 donation to the antipoaching team on the reserve.
- A double-story photography hide (shared with neighbouring Safarihoek sister lodge) offers excellent game viewing & photography opportunities.
Safari House Game Viewing and Activities
Ethosa Heights Private Reserve has been established since 1999 and is one of the largest private conservation areas in the country. It has 600 square km of space, made up of vast open savannah grasslands, mopane blocks, acacia thornveld and some riverine bush, and it is known as a safe haven for white and black rhino, of which there is a good population. A 65km fence line is shared with Etosha National Park’s southwestern boundary, and there are numerous waterholes which attract herds of springbok, eland, hartebeest, kudu, and oryx. Lions thrive here, as do cheetah, hyenas, and leopards, and of course those magnificent elephants famous in Etosha. Guest at Safari House have the unique privilege of a private vehicle and guide who will conduct game viewing activities as you please. Game drives in the morning, evening, and at night after dark offer incredible encounters with wildlife in the reserve.
Ongava Tented Camp
This tented camp offers guests a private and luxurious safari experience. Food is of high quality and the game drives are personally tailored to guests interests. Ongava Tented Camp is built of stone, canvas and thatch and can accommodate a maximum of 16 guests.
Safarihoek is a place to feel entirely isolated in the most wonderful way. With every comfort at your fingertips and views of Namibia’s renowned Etosha National Park landscape sprawled out in front of you. A retreat with the greatest of views.
Mokuti Etosha Lodge
Mokuti Etosha Lodge is a large 100+ bedroom safari-style hotel located in its own private nature reserve straddling the eastern border of Etosha National Park. It offers comfort and convenience with Namibia’s most exciting safari destination right on its doorstep.