Safarihoek is a place to feel entirely isolated in the most wonderful way. With every comfort at your fingertips and views of Namibia’s renowned Etosha National Park landscape sprawled out in front of you. A retreat with the greatest of views.
Safarihoek Lodge Highlights
Safarihoek Lodge is designed around its phenomenal views of the Etosha savannah in northern Namibia. Perched on top of a hill, spaciously constructed with high thatched roofs, stonework accents, and wooden decks that make the most of the unending vistas. This unique location is on the southwestern border of Etosha National Park and has excellent game viewing opportunities. There are 11 thatched chalets, all of which enjoy prime positioning, elevated above the grasslands. A major highlight is the double-story photography hide, which appeals to all wildlife lovers as it brings you up close with some of the regions iconic and rare species.
- A state-of-the-art solar plant makes Safarihoek supremely ‘green’ and makes the most of the year-round sunshine.
- All about wild, open spaces, the prestigious position of Safarihoek Lodge overlooks wandering wildlife and the open landscape that extends to the horizon.
- There are 11 chalets, including, 1 family unit, 2 classic suites, and 8 luxury suites, which come with outdoor showers with the best views in the country.
- An exclusive 3-bedroom villa, Safari House, lies just alongside, offering a private chef, guide, safari vehicle, fenced garden and swimming pool.
- The lodge offers unlimited WiFi, but the catch is it will cost you N$50, which acts as a donation to the reserve’s anti-poaching unit.
Safarihoek Lodge Game Viewing and Activities
Etosha is one of the most unusual and iconic places in southern Africa and the hub of wildlife in Namibia, and Safarihoek is located in the private Etosha Heights Reserve. The rare opportunity to encounter black rhino and white rhino make the game viewing experience even more memorable. Mountain zebra, hartebeest, springbok, eland, ostrich, elephants, and lion are among frequently seen animals in the reserve, and Safarihoek’s daily game drives, in the morning, afternoon, and at night offer unbeatable opportunities to enjoy the abundance in total privacy. Dining in the bush is certainly an option and can be arranged, and just imagine the stars you’d see! In summer, the grasslands are lush, and the waterholes are full, while the temperatures rise into the 40s. In winter, the landscape takes on its new identity of greyed, grass-less landscapes and shrunken waterholes with wildlife gathering around them in high numbers. Day-time temperatures are warm and comfortable, and the nights are cold!
Eagle Tented Lodge
This beautiful rock and thatch lodge offers luxurious canvas tents with private balconies. Guests can enjoy use of top quality lodge facilities and a fully equipped spa. Treatments such as mud baths, hydro therapies and professional massages are available here.
This family friendly lodge is the ideal base for guests wanting to explore the Etosha National Park. Game drives are available in open top vehicles and offer guests good plains game viewing. The best time to visit this area is between May and September.
This lodge has only two individually designed villas. It offers the ultimate in privacy and exclusivity where guests can enjoy their own private ranger, butler and personal chef. Accommodation is spacious and elegant in a unique location in Etosha.