Offbeat Meru Camp
Offbeat Meru Camp is small, traditional and located in the wild and remote Meru National Park overlooking the Bisanadi River. The tents and camp are nestled under a beautiful riverine forest. This area has a plethora of bird life as well as excellent big 5 sightings.
Offbeat Meru Camp Highlights
Offbeat Meru Camp offers excellent game viewing for guests. The landscape of the park is mainly savannah, but also includes swamps and riverine forest which is home to lion, leopard, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, elephant, black and white rhino and plenty of antelope. Bird watching is a favourite activity at the camp. There are 13 rivers in the Nyambene hills and which flow to the south towards the Tana River.
Morning and evening game drives as well as guided walks and tours to the Rhino Sanctuary are offered at Offbeat Meru. The safari tents are en suites and solar powered.
- Offbeat Meru Camp is located in the north east border of Meru National Park in central Kenya.
- Activities at the camp include day and evening game drives, bush breakfasts and sundowners, evening walks with armed guards and more.
- Guests are accompanied by Maasai guards when on a day or evening game drive.
- The camp is home to lion, leopard, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, elephant, black and white rhino and plenty of antelope.
- Popular attractions at the camp include Basinadi River, Tana River and Nyambene hills.
- Outstaning bird watching camp, nestled under the trees on the banks of the Basinadi River.
Offbeat Meru Camp Game Viewing and Activities
Activities at Offbeat Meru Camp include day and evening game drives, bush breakfasts and sundowners, evening walks with armed guards, fishing in the local rivers and visits to the local Boran community. After guests have had an active morning in the bush, guests may cool off in the infinity swimming pool watching the wildlife as it comes to drink from the Bisanadi River below. All guides at Offbeat Meru Camp are Maasai and have first knowledge of Meru and Bisanadi.
Kenya Shoestring Safari
Travelling on a budget but still want to experience the highlights of Kenya? Then this 11-night itinerary is ideal. Travel with your private local guide and safari vehicle and drive around the countryside to Kenya’s best and most beautiful areas.
Sustainable Tourism Safari
Enjoy a 9-night luxury safari in Africa's prime safari destination, Kenya. Discover snow-capped mountains, savanna grasslands and enjoy game drives. All of the camps in this itinerary belong to the "Long Run" initiative which fosters community development.
Rhino River Camp
Rhino River Camp offers travellers a unique safari in a quieter national park, the Meru National Park, made famous by the Born Free book about Else the Lioness. Meru National Park has a diverse and beautiful landscape, straddling the equator and home to numerous rivers and woodlands.