Hotel Belmond Cataratas
The Hotel Belmond Das Cataratas is a historical hotel located on the edge of the cascading Iguazu Falls. The only hotel located inside the national park - a Forbes 5 star hotel.
Hotel Belmond Cataratas Highlights
The historical Hotel Belmond Das Cataratas sits on the edge of the Iguazu falls and is hugged by the dense rainforest carpeting Iguazu National Park. The gardens on the property are laden with ornate orchids, while palm trees frame the well-manicured lawns, creating a truly tropical atmosphere.
This 5 star Portuguese-colonial residence is the only hotel inside the park. It grants exclusive access to the falls, which means you can see the the falls outside of peak visiting hours. Staying at the Hotel Belmond means that you are immersed in nature 24/7, and not just a day visitor. One of the most popular activities on site is to see the majesty of the fall’s first light on a dawn walk.
Wake up to the sound of 275 interconnected waterfalls cascading into the waters below and enjoy uninterrupted views of the magnificent falls just metres away from your doorstep. Each of the 193 rooms have their own separate living area, while the Pool Suites have their own private plunge pools.
Accommodation wise, you have a choice of room type ranging from standard to suites. Rooms are bold and brightly coloured and certainly make a statement, just like the exterior of the hotel - which happens to be pastel pink in colour!
There are pool bars, restaurants and plenty of amenities at the hotel that can be enjoyed during your downtown. There’s a tennis court, a pool for kids, and garden with crisscrossing paths. Of course, numerous activities that can be arranged from the hotel itself.
South America's first and only Forbes Five Star hotel, and you’ll never want to leave.
- The entire hotel is within metres of the Iguazu Falls.
- Exclusive access to the Iguazu Falls because it’s the ONLY hotel inside the park.
- Part of an exclusive brand of award-winning hotels.
- Restaurant around the pool has a scenic terrace and two bars, perfect for sundowner drinks.
- Caipirinhas at the pool bar are a must. As a matter of fact, there’s even a cachaça sommelier that will teach you how to make the perfect Caipirinha.
- There’s plenty of original local art adorning the walls of the hotel, making it look like a gallery.
- Hotel Belmond Das Cataratas is home to an award-winning spa shrouded by the rainforest - try out their signature treatment.
- A Cachaça sommelier is available to teach you about this rum, a basis for the popular Caipirinha.
- Plenty of unique experiences available; such as the full moon walking tours in the neighbouring forest.
- International restaurants offer elegant dining experiences, with gourmet meals with dashes of local Brazilian ingredients.
- Full moon walks, forest walks, helicopter flips and white water rafting are just a few of the external activities on offer at the Hotel Belmond Das Cataratas.
Hotel Belmond Cataratas Activities
Iguaza Falls National Park is home to an array of adventure activities that can be arranged with the hotel's concierge. Belmond ensures that there is something for everyone !
The lower falls are best experienced by speedboat on a Macuco safari. This is a combination of a rainforest jeep ride and speedboat river safari. The views of the falls up close are nothing short of remarkable.
You can enjoy a series of exclusive guided walks on unexplored routes within the park. You will feel the spray of the falls while listening to an in-house biologist. Some of these walks take place at full moon - a unique and eerie experience that introduces you to the nocturnal creatures of the night.
If this is too tame for your liking, then sign-up for the waterfall rappelling or rafting experience. Choose to rappel 20m down the waterfall or clamber aboard a boat for a thrilling white-water rafting experience.
Other activities include helicopter rides over the falls, and experiencing authentic rituals in the forest.
There are plenty of things to do in house and on the grounds. Enjoy a spot of tennis, indulge in a bit of Brazilian wine tasting in the wine cellar with a trained sommelier, or join a journey of flavours when you sign-up for the cachaça tasting.