Located in the northern reaches of Hwange National Park, rests the refined Deteema Springs. Its elevated position overlooking the game-rich springs is a major drawcard for wildlife enthusiasts.
Deteema Springs Highlights
Delightful Deteema is an exceptional space. Located in the northern stretches of Hwange National Park in a small concession makes Deteema a sought after spot. Perched on a rocky outcrop high above permanent water springs means 360 degree views of huge wildlife concentrations at waterholes. Deteema is part of the Machaba Group of classic camps, which means that the camp adheres to a standard of luxury expected from the brand.
There are only 8 luxury eco-tents, each carefully designed to incorporate the natural palette of the wild with its decor and architecture. This is a camp that effortlessly blends into its surrounds, and oozes absolute exclusivity. Main areas are kitted out with plush couches, a few board games and a cosy library area.
When the sun beats down, the sparkling plunge pool and refreshing deck area is the perfect place to unwind. The fire pit is the ultimate place to gather in the evenings to swap stories about recent wildlife sightings.
Deteema is a new camp, and a wonderful addition to Hwange National Park.
- Deteema is an elephant paradise, with huge concentrations of pachyderms frequenting the waterholes in front of camp. The elephant herds are so close that you can hear them at night.
- Although the camp is ideally located in a private concession, game drives take place in the public areas.
- Perched on an outcrop that hangs over a waterhole means bird-eye views from above of wildlife.
- Deteema is an eco-friendly camp fully kitted out with solar panels.
- The camp can accommodate up to 18 people in a set-up of 1 family tents and 7 double tents.
- The only place to connect to WiFi is in the dedicated WiFi zones dotted around camp.
- Standard safari activities include informative guided bush walks and game drives.
- There is a private airstrip just a short game drive away.
- Main areas include an indoor dining area, small library, and open boma area with a fire pit.
- Deetema is known for its picturesque views - a true place of paradise !
Deteema Springs Safari Activities
Hwange National Park is home to abundant predators, mammals and birdlife. The private concession around Deteema also bustles with activity from wildlife. Morning and evening game drives take place in the concession, and in the surrounding areas of Hwange. Guide bush walks are led by professional trails guides and take place in Deetema’s surrounds. It’s also possible to enjoy game viewing from the comfort of your tent.
Tom's Safari House
Tom's Safari House is a new establishment that was recently opened in celebration of The Hide Safari Camp’s 20th Anniversary. Run by the same owners, this accommodation option is family-friendly and operates on an exclusive basis for the privacy of groups.
The Hide's emphasis is on high quality guiding, comfortable accommodation and gourmet cuisine in a relaxed environment. Hwange National Park is one of southern Africa's finest game parks and offers guests 14 650 km² of prime wilderness.
Bomani Tented Camp
Situated inside the Ngamo Forest area, Bomani is located within our 5,000-acre remote private reserve: only 1.5 kilometres away from Ngamo’s gate to Hwange National Park. The generally dry, expansive plains are dotted with natural water pans and Ilala Palms.
Ivory Lodge is situated outside the Hwange National Park on a private concession of 6,000 squared acres. It is easily accessible for both 4×4 vehicles as well as standard road vehicles. Ivory is only 180km from Victoria Falls and the Hwange airport is 10 km away