Mweya Safari Lodge
Located on a peninsula abutting Lake Edward and the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Mweya Lodge looks onto the water and the Rwenzori Mountains beyond, accommodating guests in a choice of tents or cottages.
Mweya Safari Lodge Highlights
Mweya Lodge is a luxury resort in the heart of Queen Elizabeth National Park where a number of well kitted out and luxurious cottages and tents are built from natural materials and styled with classic Ugandan charm in this iconic part of the country. The lodge bedrooms face the shimmering Lake Edward from their positions on the grassy bank of the peninsula. This well established accommodation caters for vacationing families and business travellers alike with an excellent array of facilities ensuring guests can unwind on a comfortable holiday or make use of the conference facilities for work.
- Mweya is located in an activity hub of the park and is kitted out for comfort as well as convenience on a large scale, rather than with an intimate nature.
- There is a large swimming pool, formal indoor dining area, relaxing terrace, a stylish bar, sun deck, gift shop, conference centre, and information centre.
- There is a selection of standard suites, tented safari rooms, suites, and luxury cottages to offer a variety of accommodation choices for all types of guests.
- Views of Lake Edward, Lake George, and the Kazinga Channel are all around the peninsula meaning colourful sunsets are enjoyed from every corner of the lodge rooms and facilities.
- Base to explore Queen Elizabeth National Park in search of big game like tree climbing lions.
Mweya Safari Lodge Activities
Mweya Lodge has a selection of activity packages to include some of the best wildlife viewing of Queen Elizabeth National Park. From boat cruises on the Kazinga Channel where some of Africa’s largest concentrations of hippos are found, to chimpanzee tracking excursions in Kyambura Gorge, and game drive safaris to see the tree-climbing lions, elephants, Uganda kob, and hundreds of bird species that have made the park famous. Mweya Lodge has access to excellent guides and expertly arranged tours that endeavour to show guests the best bits of Queen Elizabeth and surrounds. Dining opportunities in the wilderness, cultural activities, and excursions to see the great Katwe crater lake take the safari experience known in the park to the next level and making sure that each day there is something new and different to enjoy. Mweya Lodge runs smoothly and offers an excellent array leisure and adventure activities
Kyambura Gorge Lodge
Kyambura Gorge Lodge overlooks Queen Elizabeth National Park and the sunken forest of Kyambura Gorge where wild chimpanzees reside. Eight contemporary bandas offer luxurious accommodation in the hub of Uganda’s safari region.
Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge
A proudly carbon-neutral lodge delicately built on the Nteko Ridge at over 2000m in altitude overlooking the rolling hills of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge was rated as Uganda’s best lodge at the World Travel Awards in 2016.