Murchison River Lodge
Murchison River Lodge is a fully solar powered, thatched retreat on the banks of the Nile River, accommodating guests, young and old, in comfort and off-the-grid style. Run by a family, for families.
Murchison River Lodge Highlights
Overlooking Uganda’s premier Murchison Falls National Park in the north western region of the country, Murchison River Lodge is located on the banks of the Nile River. Certainly, a highlight of this comfortable, casual riverside accommodation is that it happily caters for families with young children, including dining options, activities, special room setups, and babysitting services. Another special feature is its commitment to sustainable tourism and eco-consciousness. It runs 100% on solar power and creates an incredible guest experience through attention to detail and authenticity. Accommodation is simple, stylish and positioned beneath lush trees overlooking the river. Murchison River Lodge is affordable and ideally located for a variety of activities.
- A variety of accommodation options cater to different budgets – cottages, thatched safari tents, river tents, and a campsite.
- 100% Solar powered and off the grid, so no luxuries like hairdryers, but charging points, lighting, and hot water are readily available.
- Owned by a small family and operated by a hand-selected group of local people who ensure every aspect of the lodge runs smoothly and according to the Murchison River Lodge ethos.
- Children under five years old are accommodated for free when sharing a room with their parents, and children between 5 and 12 pay 50% of the adult fee.
- There is a swimming pool and pool lounge with WiFi, a restaurant serving locally sourced home-cooked meals, and plenty of relaxing places in which to enjoy nature.
Murchison River Lodge Game Viewing and Activities
Murchison Falls National Park is one of Uganda’s most significant. It has rolling, emerald green landscapes, plenty of wildlife, and of course the Nile River and Murchison Falls itself. Bird watching is supreme and Murchison River Lodge is positioned in a place of birding abundance, surrounded by riverside vegetation and overlooking the water. Guests can be as busy or as idle as they would like with as much to look forward to relaxing at the lodge as exploring the beautiful natural surroundings with a guide. Game drives in the national park, boat cruises on the Nile and right up to the thundering Murchison Falls, bird trails, visiting a local village, and fishing for famous Nile perch among other species.