Nambu Camp is an old family retreat that has now been converted to a six-bedroom safari lodge with fantastic views in the wildlife-rich Balule Nature Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park.
Nambu Camp Highlights
There are a good number of camps and lodges in the Greater Kruger private reserves that once were the cherished family holiday homes before big steps in conservation joined these reserves with the Kruger National Park. Nambu Camp is one of these well-loved destinations, once hosting family members and now hosting safari guests from around the world. It is full of old-school charm and passion for nature, and its location is one to beat. Perched up on top of a rise, the views are from an elevated vantage point, truly making the most of the Drakensberg mountains in the distance and giving guests a good eye onto the bush down below.
- Six individual guest rooms are located along wooden walkways through the untamed grounds of the camp, each with king size beds and en-suite bathrooms.
- Air-conditioning in the rooms and a swimming pool at the main lodge keep things cool in the Lowveld summers.
- The thatched main lodge has the best views in the house with a lounge and dining room opening onto an outdoor deck overlooking a lower deck and the bushveld below.
- Homemade cuisine is served with simplicity and authenticity, from the light-lunch quiches to the decadent home-baked cakes.
- Plenty of rock-work, wooden beams, and thatching blend the lodge into the natural surroundings, while deep earthy ochre and teal add vibrance to the bedrooms.
Nambu Camp Game Viewing and Activities
Nambu Camp’s location in the Balule Nature Reserve enjoys close proximity to the Olifants River, which is a primary attraction for wildlife in the area. Picture elephants crossing and drinking as they go, crocs sunning themselves on the banks, and hippos chortling from their pools. Birdlife abounds and predators are in luck with a great variety and population of antelope, zebra, and giraffe. There are two safari activities on offer each day, and if you’d like to explore the area on foot, there are qualified guides who can take you out. Game drives offer the best opportunity to see big game up close, departing at sunrise each morning and again at about 16h00 for an afternoon cruise including a refreshment stop at a scenic place in the bush. The perfect spot for bird-watching might just be at Nambu itself where sunbirds are attracted to the flourishing gardens and a tawny eagle’s nest can be spotted nearby.
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge is an intimate and personal safari lodge with a touch of elegance and modern luxuries, yet offers an authentic African safari experience. The lodge is owner-run and caters to your every need from hearty African meals to exciting game viewing.
Sausage Tree Camp
Sausage Tree Camp offers luxury and privacy in a unique setting in the Lower Zambezi National Park in Zambia. Guests can enjoy an exclusive safari experience with superb guiding, some of the best game viewing in Africa, outstanding service and delicious meals.