Africa on Foot Wilderness Trail
Africa on Foot Wilderness Trails is a 3-night mobile safari in the Greater Kruger Park sleeping 8 guests in 4 canvas dome tents. Daily walking safaris led by an Africa on Foot trails guide with each night spent in a different location.
Africa on Foot Wilderness Trail Highlights
Sister camp to the award-winner of South African walking safaris, Africa on Foot, this trails camp is designed to make the most of guests’ experience in nature. Africa on Foot Wilderness Trails is a mobile safari camp located in the Maseke Balule Game Reserve, Greater Kruger Park.
A 3-night excursion will take guests along some exceptional walking trails in the wild, led by an African on Foot trails guide, and at the end of each day, guests arrive at a prepared camp site, set up with 4 canvas dome tents, a mess tent, and a seating area around a crackling campfire. Each morning sets off at dawn on a new walking trail, stops for a picnic brunch, and continues into the afternoon before reaching the new mobile camp site. Sunset game drives complete
- Africa on Foot Wilderness Trails is for guests who are keen to experience nature up close and personal, incorporating 5-6 hours on foot each day.
- Accommodation is adventurous and rustic in classic canvas dome tents
- 3 Nights spent in a fantastic new location in the reserve each night
- Daily walking trails start at dawn, break for a lengthy picnic brunch, and continue to mid-afternoon, offering a good opportunity for keen walkers to get up close and personal with wild Kruger.
- Each evening offers a sunset game drive through the Maseke Balule Game Reserve, including sundowners at a scenic spot in the bush.
- The camp is set up prior to guests’ arrival, so walking trails are led by an experienced Africa on Foot trails guide, which offers award-winning quality to this experience
- Coffee and rusks upon wake up, followed by picnic brunch in the bush, sundowner snacks, and a 3-course dinner in the evening.
Africa on Foot Wilderness Trail Game Viewing and Activities
Africa on Foot Wilderness Trails is entirely focused on walking safaris in the Big 5 Maseke Balule Nature Reserve in the Greater Kruger. These professionally guided trails begin in the afternoon on Day 1, once guests are collected from the pick up point, and led to the first night’s campsite destination. The following 2 days are made up of 3-4 hour mornings on the trail in the 8000 hectare territory, breaking for a lengthy picnic brunch in the bush, followed by another 2-3 hours on foot, arriving at the new camping destination (setup by the ground team) in the mid-afternoon.
A sunset game drive rounds up each evening offering the walkers an opportunity to enjoy wildlife encounters from the vehicle, and cruising along the Kruger’s famous Olifants River. The final morning starts with a full English breakfast at camp before departing.
Gomo Gomo Game Lodge
Gomo Gomo Game Lodge offers a prime location with magnificent views on the banks of the Nhlaralumi River in the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. Gomo Gomo Game Lodge is exclusive and offers comfortable accommodation as well as fantastic game viewing opportunities.
Sausage Tree Camp
Sausage Tree Camp offers luxury and privacy in a unique setting in the Lower Zambezi National Park in Zambia. Guests can enjoy an exclusive safari experience with superb guiding, some of the best game viewing in Africa, outstanding service and delicious meals.
Pungwe Bush Camp
Pungwe Bush Camp caters for only 8 guests and offers a private and exclusive safari experience in the Manyeleti Game Reserve. The camp is known for its rustic and warm ambience with hearty bush cuisine prepared on an open fire and friendly and efficient staff.
Chacma Bush Camp
Chacma Bush Camp is an intimate, family-friendly camp located in the lesser known Greater Kruger reserve: Maseke. A retreat offering stone chalets and 8000 ha of wilderness in the Balule, scenic view points, and a waterhole in front of camp.
Pondoro Game Lodge
Pondoro Game Lodge offers sophisticated elegance combined with exciting wildlife activities, gourmet African cuisine and friendly and efficient staff that will see to your every whim. It offers the ideal hide-away for honeymooners.