The perfect place for front row seats to the great wildebeest migration river crossing, famous around the world as “greatest show on Earth”. Entim Mara has luxury tented rooms on the banks of the Mara River.
Entim Mara Highlights
Without a doubt, the main appeal at Entim Mara is its location within the Masai Mara National Reserve. Not only does it enjoy the perks of being located inside the reserve, it also enjoys pride of place on the raised banks of the Mara River. When the season for river crossings arrives, guests at Entim will have a view of the action right from their tents and can arrive on the scene first thing, given its close location. Aside from the views, the luxurious tented suites are beautifully kitted out, spacious, and decorated with a sense of yesteryear in mind.
- 12 Tented suites line the raised banks of the Mara River, each with an individual veranda with a view.
- Classic, nostalgic furnishings throughout the camp with antique travellers’ trunks, draped ivory canvas roofs and walls, brass trinkets, and glass cabinets.
- There is a massage spa open all day and offering a variety of therapeutic and relaxing treatments in a tranquil, African environment.
- Entim Mara provides a unique photo studio with an iMac station complete with Lightroom, plus handy equipment to aid photography in the field.
- Bush breakfasts in the Masai Mara after morning game drive are a treat!
Entim Mara Game Viewing and Activities
Entim Mara is in prime position for the great wildebeest migration experience and every year between July and October, the Masai Mara becomes a very popular safari destination as the masses arrive on the plains and attempt to cross treacherous waters. The Mara River and the Talek River are two gauntlets the migrating animals have to cross and the activity attracts predators ready to prey on vulnerable animals. Lion and hyena dominate the predator playing field, while leopard and cheetah make the most of their options too. The thundering, bleating sound of the wildebeest herds is something only this great spectacle can produce, and Entim Mara guests will have access to it right from the comfort of their tents. Game drives are full of action and up-close encounters with all of the Masai Mara’s creatures, while hot air balloon rides, bush picnics, and sundowners tie the whole experience together.
Kicheche Mara Camp
Kicheche Mara Camp is located on the Aitong Plains in the northern Koiyaki Lemek region of the legendary Masai Mara in Kenya a prime wildlife area. The camp is a traditional tented camp tucked away underneath an orchard of wild olive trees offering magnificent views.