Enaidura is a luxury mobile camp in Kenya’s Masai Mara, catering to some of Africa’s most esteemed freelance safari guides, ensuring an expertly guided safari experience in classic canvas tents, moving to the best wildlife spots throughout the year.
Enaidura Camp Highlights
The best of both world’s is offered at Enaidura, which aptly translates to “migration” in English. This mobile safari camp follows the movement of the famed wildebeest migration between July and October as the million and more ungulates enter the Masai Mara ecosystem, crossing the treacherous Mara and Talek Rivers. This camp works with a handful of safari guides who have been named by Conde Naste as some of the best in Africa, including Johnson Ping’ua Nkukuu, known as Ping, and Paul Kirui. These expert guides dictate the exceptional wildlife experience on this mobile journey, and the standard of accommodation, cuisine, and comfort ties the Kenyan safari adventure together.
- There are six tents in total for individually booking guests, but an exclusive booking can accommodate up to eight tents in a group.
- Luxury walk-in canvas tents are spacious and simply completed with king-size or twin beds, and en suite bathrooms.
- A dining and lounge tent is erected in a shady spot in the chosen camp site and filled with a fully laid dining table, warming rugs, and a comfortable lounge.
- The camp moves throughout the year to bring guests right into the best areas for migration movement, predator action, and river crossings.
- Enaidura Camp can guarantee the best guiding in the country, and the best wildlife viewing for each time of year.
Enaidura Camp Game Viewing and Activities
As the name suggests, Enaidura (meaning migration) moves with the presence of wildlife to offer guests the most rewarding encounters and safari experiences country-wide. The expert opinion of the Kenyan guides assures that the location of Enaidura Camp is spot on according to the movement of wildlife, but the primary location of this camp is at the confluence of the Mara and Talek Rivers - iconic for getting front row seats to the dramatic wildebeest crossings. Booking the camp on a private basis can take guests to various sites within the Mara Triangle, which is where Disney’s African Cats was filmed. Game drives through the Mara are some of the most rewarding wildlife experiences in Africa with an unimaginable amount of predator sightings, including the three biggest cats: lion, leopard, and cheetah. Elephant, giraffe, hippo, eland, topi, hyena, zebra and crocodile are some of the common species in the area traversed with Enaidura Camp.
Kicheche Mara Camp
Kicheche Mara Camp is located on the Aitong Plains in the northern Koiyaki Lemek region of the legendary Masai Mara in Kenya a prime wildlife area. The camp is a traditional tented camp tucked away underneath an orchard of wild olive trees offering magnificent views.