Crater Lake Camp
Crater Lake Camp is the perfect stopover en route to the Nakuru and the Maasai Mara game parks, as well as a romantic getaway itself. Activities at the camp revolve around nature and wildlife which include guided walks, sightseeing of animals and more.
Crater Lake Camp Highlights
Crater Lake Camp is built on the shores of green volcanic like crater. The crater is 87 hectares in and the lake takes up to 14 hectares of this area. Over the last four years, the camp has been awarded a total of four awards by the Kenya travel Magazine; Travel News and Lifestyle; including Best tented camp in Kenya and Best Weekend getaway. Crater Lake Camp has also gained the reputation of being the most romantic camp in Kenya.
- Crater Lake Camp is located in the Great Rift Valley, Kenya.
- The camp is built on the shores of green volcanic like in the bottom of an old volcanic crater.
- The camp's activities revolve around nature and wildlife.
- The 10,000-acre game sanctuary houses the famous hilltop grave where Happy Valley's tragic heroine, Lady Diana Delamere, is buried with her last two husbands, Gilbert Colvile and Thomas Delamere.
- The camp has been awarded by Kenya travel Magazine "Travel News and Lifestyle" including Best tented camp in Kenya and Best Weekend getaway.
- Crater Lake Camp has gained the reputation of being the most romantic camp in Kenya.
Crater Lake Camp Game Viewing and Activities
Activities at the camp revolve around nature and wildlife. There are guided nature walks in the crater and the Sanctuary. The camp has a bird list which is over 400 species, of which 100 species are spotted on a daily basis. Guests are able to spot hippo at night as they come out to the main Naivasha Lake to graze. It is also possible to see aardvark and spring hares on night game drives. There is a colony of over 70 Colombus monkeys living at Crater Lake Camp. In addition flamingos cover almost the entire lake, with up to 3000 to 4000.
Sanctuary at Ol Lentille
The Sanctuary is an exclusive lodge offering breathtaking views of the craggy peaks of Mount Kenya, the Samburu sacred mountain Ol Olokwe, the Matthews Range and the Karisia Hills. Guests enjoy a private house and safari vehicle as well as a personal Butler.
Loldia House is an original Kenyan home on a farm. The house has magnificent views across Lake Naivasha to the extinct volcano, Mount Longonot. Loldia House has a arange of accommodation including the main house and newer guest cottages.
Kenya Shoestring Safari
Travelling on a budget but still want to experience the highlights of Kenya? Then this 11-night itinerary is ideal. Travel with your private local guide and safari vehicle and drive around the countryside to Kenya’s best and most beautiful areas.
Lake Nakuru Tented Camp
Lake Nakuru Tented Camp is a small and intimate bush camp located within the Lake Nakuru National Park on the bed of the Rift Valley, 160km Northwest of Nairobi. Staying in a small safari camp offers a more authentic safari experience for visitors to the Lake Nakuru National Park.