Fazanda Sao Francisco Do Corumbau
Surrounded by coconut groves, and located on 15 km of remote beach in a marine reserve, this 5 star retreat certainly sets the standard in terms of beachside luxury.
Fazanda Sao Francisco Do Corumbau Highlights
Fazanda Sao Francisco Do Corumbau is an architectural delight located on a coconut farm resting on the shores of a protected beach area of the Corumbau ecological reserve. This 5 star masterpiece offers absolute seclusion across 15 km of scenic coast. The ocean waters of Bahia are a swimming pool blue, ideal for snorkelling and lazy beach days. Staying here means that you become fully immersed in coastal bliss.
There are only 10 accommodation options, each of which is interconnected by a network of beach-sand pathways literally lined with coconut trees. Your accommodation is either in individual bungalow villas (superior luxury or superior luxury suite) or in the luxury suite in the main part of the retreat.
Bungalows stand out with their deep burgundy colours and complimentary wooden shutters - a modern and fresh take on beachside living. All accommodation options have expansive balconies with commanding views of the ocean or tropical garden.
In the main hotel there’s a charming swimming pool with endless views of your surrounds. There’s also a gourmet restaurant on site that uses homegrown produce to craft perfect dishes.
There’s 2 km of startling white sandy beach just perfect for cycling when its low tide. Other activities such us snorkelling and stand-up paddle boarding can all be arranged while at the hotel.Fazanda Sao Francisco Do Corumbau truly is one of Brazil’s best.
- Located on a marine reserve (Corumbau) protected by the navy. The whole of Corumbau spans 15km.
- 10 km of coral reef teeming with fish, waiting to be explored.
- Idyllic stretch of coast for snorkelling and swimming.
- Located on the beach and surrounded by coconut groves.
- Perfect destination for avoiding crowds. It’s completely private and exclusive.
- Far from civilisation and off-the-beaten track. Not somewhere you’d stumble upon easily.
- Voted the best hotel in Brazil 2013 by Conde Nast.
- The restaurant offers local dishes with all of the unique flavours of Bahia.
- 25 award-winning wines appear on the drinks menu in the restaurant.
- One of the most picturesque places for photos is where the river meets the sea.
- There is a small market place where you can purchase curios.
- 5 star beach hideaway that provides sun loungers and “beach beds”.
- Jubarte humpack whales appear from July - October.
Fazanda Sao Francisco Do Corumbau Activities
Corumbau is an extensive area, stretching across 15 km of pristine, protected coastline. Defined by crystal clear waters and massive palm trees, Corumbau is most certainly the perfect place for water-babies.
The calm seas are ideal for stand-up paddle boards, and make for a unique way of seeing the coastline. Snorkelling and swimming are a given, and the retreat has plenty of equipment to borrow. There’s a 10km reef leading out from the bay that teems with brightly colour fish. For more activities above water, grab a canoe and cross the Corumbau River to explore the Patatox Inidan Reserve.
Take a boat trip out to see the Jubarte humpack whales that breach from July - October.The crystalline mangrove swaps are some of the best preserved in Brazil, and the retreat has a wooden bridge that leads into the wonderland. There’s another boat trip that’s pretty spectacular - the sunset sail on a river bar that meanders its way through the mangroves.
Cycle along the beach at low tide, cruise your way to the mangroves and just enjoy a leisurely bike ride in paradise. There really is so much to do at this outdoor retreat!