Xaxaba Mobile Camp
Xaxaba Mobile Camp is based in the Southern Okavango Delta area, enviably located opposite world-renowned Chief’s Island. Comfortable Meru tents, excellent guiding team and beautiful vistas greet guests at Xaxaba.
Xaxaba Mobile Camp Introduction
Located between Chief’s Island and Eagle Island, Xaxaba Mobile Camp offers a fantastic authentic and rustic safari experience in a pristine environment. Xaxaba Mobile Camp offers traditional mokoro or canoe rides along the crystal clear waterways of the Okavango Delta and walking safaris through the game-rich Chief’s Island. When the water levels are high motorised safaris are also available, exploring even future into the Okavango Delta.
- Canvas Meru tents with ensuite eco bathrooms, bucket showers and pit latrines
- Amazing views from camp across the Okavango Delta
- Authentic, comfortable and a true Botswana safari experience
- Easily accessible by light aircraft from Maun or if water levels are high, a motorised boat ride from Maun.
- Community driven, the team is from the local Xaxaba villages.
- Outstanding local guides.
- No game drives in vehicles; rather walking safaris, mokoro trips and motorised boat rides in the Okavango Delta. Xaxaba Mobile Camp is focused on water-based safari activities and leaving little to no carbon footprint.
Xaxaba Mobile Camp Game Viewing and Activities
Xaxaba Mobile Camp is based amid the nourishing waterways of the south-eastern Okavango Delta. The vast fan-shaped pan of floodplains, grassland and river channels branches out from the Okavango River itself, spreading its wealth across the northwestern corner of Botswana. Situated just south of the famous Chief’s Island, a stay at Xaxaba Mobile Camp explores the surrounding area on foot and by boat or mokoro. Once guests arrive at Xaxaba airstrip, they disembark and take a boat ride to their campsite. There are no game vehicles and the area is explored on foot or by boat.
A plethora of birdlife, multitudes of elephants, hippos, lechwe and other water-loving animals. Predators are found on foot on Chiefs Island along with buffalo, sitatunga, wildebeest, giraffe and much more.
Overlooking the legendary Chiefs Island and bordering the Moremi Game Reserve, Gunn's Camp is one of the last few remaining, luxury, vintage safari camps. Set under leafy palms and African Ebony to blend naturally with its unique surroundings.
Tucked away in the north eastern corner of Chobe National Park on the Linyanti waterways is Camp Linyanti. Remote, unspoilt, with the lagoons of the Linyanti floodplains before it, and riverine forests with huge trees surrounding it, Camp Linyanti is an undiscovered gem.