Serondela Lodge is a new tented camp located on the Namibian banks of the renowned Chobe River. It has 8 tents including a family room, all of which enjoy views onto the famous Serondela viewing point of Chobe National Park.
Serondela Lodge Introduction
Serondela Lodge is the newest addition to the Wild Waters portfolio, which has existing safari camps in nearby Linyanti. This newly built, ecologically mindful lodge is set to open in March 2018, at its prestigious location on the Namibian banks of the Chobe River, midway between Kasane and Ngoma, overlooking Chobe National Park. The river attracts wildlife all year round, giving the 8 rooms an unbeatable view of frolicking elephants, various grazers, and abundant birdlife.
The lodge is 17km from Kasane, and is only accessible by boat. The boat leaves from the Kasane immigration office and takes newly arriving guests on a 2-3-hour game viewing boat cruise before getting to Serondela.
- Serondela Lodge is named after the well known game viewing area on the other side of the river in Chobe National Park, providing fantastic views to each of the 8 guest rooms.
- Of the 8 rooms, 7 are doubles, while 1 is a family room sleeping 2 adults and 2 children.
- The construction of the lodge is cleverly and sustainably built using sand bags as a foundation, which is a natural thermal regulator.
- Serondela has 2 lounge areas, each one a tranquil place to relax and unwind while surrounded by the Chobe Wilderness.
- There is a swimming pool, Wi-Fi, and a dining room at the main lodge area.
Serondela Lodge Game Viewing and Activities
Chobe Riverfront needs no introduction. It is quite simply known to have incredibly dense wildlife populations and some of Southern Africa’s greatest bird watching opportunities. African skimmers are among the must-sees on any bird watcher’s list, while larger animals, such as hippo, buffalo, and elephant are constantly in sight as they wallow, graze, and splash in the shallows. The beauty of Serondela Lodge lies in its views, which enhance the guest experience tenfold with frequent wildlife spotting right from the comfort of the rooms.
The boat transfer from Kasane to Serondela is a great opportunity to experience the abundant game viewing. The arrival journey is extended to a 2-3 hour safari, while the return journey takes only an hour to get guests back to Kasane. Game drives in the Kabulabula Conservancy, as well as exploratory bush walks are also a part of the exciting Serondela safari experience.
Desert & Delta Classic
This excellent 6-night safari explores the desert like area of the Makgadikagadi and the water wilderness that is the Okavango Delta. Activities include open 4x4 game drives with experienced game rangers, nature walks, mokoro (dugout canoe) rides and game watching activities.