Sava Dunes is a solar-powered seaside retreat located between Barra and Tofo on a private stretch of coastline in Mozambique. Just five chalets line the surf, making it a peaceful and intimate place of seclusion.
Sava Dunes Highlights
Sava Dunes is the perfect place for a relaxing beach holiday and is within 6km from Mozambique’s ocean activity hub: Tofo. From surfing on the country’s hottest waves to whale watching from your very own balcony and snorkelling with whale sharks; Sava Dunes has something to suit everyone. It is solar-powered and light on the environment, and it fits perfectly into the wild and natural surroundings, reflecting both the sea and the vegetation in its interior design. The views are a definite highlight – the ocean can be seen from just about everywhere. During the whale migration season, humpback whales and their calves swim passed every single day. A true gem!
- Five wooden beach chalets are positioned along a vegetated dune, overlooking the perfect surf of a Tofo coastline.
- Main lodge houses a dining room, lounge, and bar, which has a counter that opens right onto the swimming pool for easy cocktail refills!
- All ocean-facing chalets, winding walkway, and main lodge with pool deck and balcony are wooden and perfectly beachy.
- Solar-powered in its entirety, making the most of the coastal sunshine for hot showers and lighting and staying light on the sensitive environment.
- A walk from a stretch of beach and adjacent estuary where snorkelling, surfing, sunbathing, and long walks are the order of the day.
Sava Dunes Activities
Sava Dunes has no set schedule or itinerary and is designed to invite as much relaxation or adventure and activity as guests would like. At the lodge itself, each chalet has its own balcony overlooking the ocean, offering a place to relax with a book or to whale-watch during the migration season. A swimming pool with sun loungers and a cocktail bar is just right for lazy afternoons in tropical paradise. Walk down the boardwalk to the beach below and take a dip in the ocean. Surf the excellent waves or take a long walk on the deserted, sandy stretch. For those who’d like to explore a little, the following activities can be organised at the lodge: big game fishing, ocean safari, scuba diving, snorkelling, or kayaking in the mangroves. Visit the vibrant market of Tofo for some colour and an introduction to the lively people of Mozambique.
Massinga Beach is a luxury hideaway resort in Inhambane, Mozambique. This romantic beach holiday spot is perfect for honeymoons and romantic vacations, with endless white beaches, azure tropical waters and private decks overlooking the ocean.
Pomene Bay Lodge
Set in one of the most beautiful locations in Mozambique, this lodge is secluded and offers pristine and untouched conditions. The accommodation consists of water chalets built on stilts over the Estuary. World class diving and game fishing.