For #TravelTuesday this week, we’re focussing on Namibia. This southern Africa delight is a country famed for its diverse wildlife, the world’s highest sand dunes, stark desert landscapes, small forgotten towns and ghost-like coastal scenes. You just have to get there. We’ve packaged and priced a luxury 8 night flying safari in Namibia that’s bound to get tongues wagging. You’ll view Namibia from the air and spend nights cocooned in 5 star luxury lodges, exploring 4 different areas in Namibia. Included is an adventurous 4×4 trip, and plenty of indulgent evenings under the canopy of stars.
To book this itinerary please email Michelle at email@example.com.
Here’s the lowdown.
#TravelTuesday: 8 Night Flying Safari in Namibia. Book It.
Day 1 – 3 : Kwessi Dunes, NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Arrive in Windhoek (own accord). Your pilot will meet you for your first flight, which gives you a bird’s-eye view over the red dunes of Sossuvlei and NamibRand Nature Reserve.
- Spend 2 nights at Kwessi Dunes, exploring all that Sossusvlei and NamibRand have to offer. Opt for a few guided walks or book yourself onto a hot air balloon ride.
- Kwessi Dunes is a new build lodge, carefully constructed from a unique mix of thatch and canvas. Outdoor showers provide the perfect opportunity to observe your surrounds while refreshing mind and body. Kwessi has a “star-gazer” room with a bed with a view of the skies above.
Day 3 – 5 : Hoanib Valley Camp, Hoanib River
- Time for another flight ! Board a light aircraft and fly over the remote Atlantic Ocean outlining Namibia’s powerful and barren coastline.
- Stop for lunch at Swakopmund, before heading northwards towards along the Skeleton Coastline. From the air you’ll spot the famous shipwrecks of the area.
- Fly inland towards the Hoanib Valley where you’ll spend an unforgettable 2 nights at the Hoanib Valley Camp. This is a small and intimate luxury camp that runs on solar power, and its minimal design was inspired by the local Himba people.
Day 5-7- Shipwreck Lodge , Skeleton Coast
- This is a land based route. You will set off in a safari 4×4 vehicle for a full day game drive to the Skeleton Coast.
- Your 4×4 safari follows the course of the Hoanib river all the way to the coast.
- Overnight at the unique and much talked about, Shipwreck Lodge. Each of the cabins in the lodge have wood burning stoves and beach views.
- Activities while at the lodge include anything from visiting the resident seal colony to quad bike tours and even sand boarding!
Day 7-9 – Safarihoek Lodge, Etosha Heights Private Reserve
- Climb aboard your flight to Etosha and head to the Etosha Heights Game Reserve.
- Etosha enjoys regular sightings of critically endangered black and white rhino, lions, cheetah, hyenas, leopards and antelope.
- Safarihoek is luxurious and stylish place, and each chalet has their own platform with private deck.
From US$ 9400 in low season to US$ 12100 in high season pps sharing.