The latest to rave about on the traveler’s scene is in Morningside Manor, amidst the lively hum of Johannesburg’s Sandton suburb. Fairlawns Boutique Hotel and Spa is bursting with excellent reviews on its indulgent accommodation reminiscent of colonial India, and its authentic Balinese Spa Garden is considered one of the very best in the world. Nominated in the World Travel Awards 2009 and taking the title of Category Winner in 2010, this leading Boutique Hotel and Spa is creating undeniable buzz and is not to be missed by luxury-seekers scanning the Johannesburg region.
Previously the emerald-lawned, private home of the current owners, John and Anna Thacker, this superb property has retained its stately ambience with ancient trees and birds in abundance. The goose-down duvets and pure cotton linens dressing the spacious beds ensure abounding comfort. Splendidly warming and unique are the working fireplaces nestled in every one of the forty suites in the Villa and Courtyard wings.
When not sprawled out lavishly in the Boudoir of Dreams, Fairlawns has numerous options for pastime enjoyment. There is a well-stocked library to browse through, a gazebo under which to recline poolside, and a garden of admiration, home to a prolific population of birds. The stylishly silver and white Terrace Restaurant offers a scrumptious a la carte menu, headed by Chef Keith Frisley, who produces edibles well worthy of their preceding reputation. This delightful mealtime venue, overlooking the sparkling pool, is a favourite meeting place for a breakfast, light lunch or sundowner.
Necessary to mention is the Balinese Spa that completes the air of magnificence Fairlawns so easily embodies. This garden retreat resembles a true Buddhist temple, surrounded by a cooling nest of bamboo trees, a trickling stream and the twitter of birds whose homes are in the dappled greenery. With an extensive selection of beauty treatments and nothing but indulgence, guests will be firmly coaxed into relaxation at this truly spectacular hotel.
Why is this hotel a favourite?
- There are museums, parks, galleries and theatres within driving distance for some local culture and flavour.
- Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre, elephant rides, Lion Park, and Pilanesberg National Park are just a few of the nearby wildlife-viewing options available.
- Fairlawns has many special packages on offer, which focus on guests’ specific interests; such as beauty therapy, romance, golf, gourmet eating, or business travel.
- Luxurious accommodation is unique and especially designed to meet guests’ varying needs.
Facts and Features:
- The hotel is located just 20 minutes from the OR Tambo International Airport.
- Johannesburg’s best shopping, dining and entertainment venues are only a 10 minute drive away.
- Large, fully-equipped gym is available for use.
- ‘Green’ practices are noticeable in the use of solar energy and grey water systems.
- The Terrace Restaurant has been given the stamp of approval by the Chaine des Rossiteurs.